To tie in with the article I posted yesterday about perfect parenting moments and enjoying the little things in life, I was inspired to put together a quick list of 10 of my favourite simple pleasures. The everyday or occasional things that bring the most meaning, joy and calm to my life when I remember to factor them in. I could list a whole lot more, but here are 10 for now:
- The sound and sight of my children's laughter
- Long, quiet walks along the beach
- Pretty, colourful flowers - in my home or anywhere outside
- Having great friends round for dinner
- A nice cup of tea and a good book or great movie
- Lying on the grass on a sunny day, watching the clouds
- Snuggly storytime - priceless quality time
- Writing - snail mail, my diary, blog articles...
- Switching off and being totally unavailable
- Creating something - baking, crafting, sewing, up cycling...
What are some of your favourite simple pleasures? What things bring you the most joy?
Love Holly x